Update Submission for the js1k competition. My 3rd, and final one only the last one you enter is judged and I think this is going to be as good as it gets from me that is. I ended up settling on a clone of a cool game I used to play when I was a network admin in the Air Force called Wire Hang Redux.
This entry was more of a challenge than my previous one, I had to not only make it look presentable but also had to worry about game play, simple physics, and of course lack of bugs. I think it turned out pretty well, and I owe a big thanks to the Google Closure Compiler, it definitely made things easier. The biggest challenge was trying to decide on what features to add. I had a choice between keeping the high score and allowing users to try again (without refresh) , or the option of making it harder the higher they go. I chose the latter which I think was a good decision.
Some things I learned from the contest,
- pre calculated values use much less space, (.017 uses much less space than pi/180)
- There are shorter ways to get an element through the dom than getElementById
I think the next thing I will do is make a bigger/better/cooler version.
Now just imagine if I had 640k to work with!